|Membership Type||Annual Fee|
|Family ( 2 or more )||$200|
SBCO have a limited number of instruments available for hire to members. To hire an instrument, you should discuss your needs with the Music Director and a member of the SBCO Committee. Instrument hire form.
|SBCO Black Folder|
Please read the information below carefully so you are aware of SBCO expectations regarding rehearsals and attendance.
Membership fees are due by 31st March each year.
REHEARSALS & ATTENDANCE
SBCO rehearsals for South Burnett residents are both on Wednesday evenings (during school terms).
The weekly rehearsals are on Wednesdays during school terms from 4pm to 5.30pm at the Kingaroy Uniting Church Hall.
We understand that everyone has commitments other than the love of music however we want to encourage everyone to attend weekly rehearsals (SB residents) and monthly workshops whenever you can and as often as you like without pressure to be involved in SBCO's concerts and performances.
For concert performances and other functions, however, members are expected to attend rehearsals and workshops as often as possible and, if unable to attend, to contact SBCO by email as a courtesy to the planning of the Music Director.
Musicians who find regular attendance difficult or challenging may opt to attend 6 to 8 weekly rehearsals just prior to each concert PLUS Saturday workshops. Please email SBCO ASAP if this is your preference so we can plan accordingly.
If you cannot reliably cover your instrument part you must urgently discuss your concerns and options with the Committee as you may NOT be considered able to perform at concerts.
Please note: the Committee reserves the right, and may, at it's sole discretion, withhold a member's option to participate in any performance should a members attendance be deemed to be insufficient to meet the Music Director's a concert/musical requirements. This does NOT exclude any individual member from continuing to come along to rehearsals & workshops.
If you have any queries or concerns about attendance or if you would like to discuss an alternative understanding for your circumstance, please contact SBCO.
SBCO aims to ensure that all rehearsals and workshops are a valuable experience and enjoyed by everyone. We therefore have some expectations that ALL members should strive to meet to ensure rehearsal time is well utilized and that we work and grow together.
1. ALL members are responsible for setting up and packing up the hall for rehearsals (chairs, stands, windows, rubbish, toilets) so please plan to arrive for set up and not leave until pack up is complete.
2. All members are to bring a water bottle, music, pencil & eraser, floor cloth as required.
3. Mobile phones are to be on silent and are not to be used during rehearsals.
4. Talking is to be kept to a minimum during rehearsal out of courtesy & respect for the Music Director and
5. Playing / individual practice during rehearsal is NOT permitted.
6. Please do NOT speak over or interrupt the Music Director or other members.
7. Music interpretation, decisions and explanations are the SOLE responsibility of the Music Director.
8. Questions are to be directed to the Music Director at an appropriate time to minimise disruption to the